Allergic reactions could happen anywhere in your body. However, they typically occur in the eyes, nose, lungs, throat, sinuses, skin, and stomach lining. These are areas where certain immune system cells act as safeguards to fend off allergens that can be swallowed, inhaled, or touch the skin. The problem is, for some people, pinpointing their specific allergy triggers isn’t that easy.
Here at Broward Center for Ear Nose Throat & Allergy in Pembroke Pines, FL, we offer allergy testing to help identify your triggers so that our ENT doctors, Dr. Sina Joorabchi or Dr. Craig Shapiro, can help you craft an allergy management plan suited to your case.
Reasons to Consider Allergy Testing
If you’re constantly getting sick with nasal or head congestion and/or a cough, you should definitely consider getting tested for potential allergies. In general, you should get tested if one or more of the following applies to you:
- You have hay fever or some other allergy symptom a couple of months in a year.
- You’re experiencing breathing issues, nasal congestion, or chronic sinus infections.
- OTC medications and antihistamines fail to properly control your condition or cause drowsiness and other adverse effects.
- Your condition is interfering with your daily life and is reducing your quality of life.
- You’re experiencing symptoms of severe asthma, including:
- Coughing or wheezing at night or following physical activity
- Struggling to catch a breath
- You frequently experience chest tightness and shortness of breath
- You have asthma and experience regular episodes even if you’re taking your asthma medicines
Visiting Your ENT Doctor
When you visit your ENT doctor in Pembroke Pines, FL, for a consultation, here’s what you can expect during your appointment:
- Prevention Education. Avoiding your allergy triggers is the best way to treat and manage your allergies.
- Allergy Testing. Your doctor will conduct tests to identify what triggers your allergies.
- Medication Prescriptions. Aside from the usual allergy medications used for controlling allergy symptoms, your doctor might recommend immunotherapy that can be administered through sublingual tablets or allergy shots
Effectively managing and controlling your allergies will require patience, skill, and planning. With help from your ENT doctor, you can create an allergy management plan that will help you live your life free from allergy symptoms.
For More Information or Questions About Allergy Testing, Call Us
Arrange an evaluation with your ENT doctor here at Broward Center for Ear Nose Throat & Allergy in Pembroke Pines, FL, Dr. Sina Joorabchi or Dr. Craig Shapiro, by dialing (954) 438-7171. We also serve Broward County and the Hollywood area.