Your ENT specialists in Pembroke Pines, FL, can help you feel better
Sinus headaches are the worst! They can linger on and on, affecting your ability to enjoy life. The constant pounding around and behind your eyes can keep you from getting through your day. The good news is, there is help for sinus headaches. Dr. Craig Shapiro and Dr. Sina Joorabchi, your ENT specialists at Broward Center for Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy in Pembroke Pines, FL, can help you get relief from sinus headaches.
Sinus headaches happen when your sinus tissues become swollen and inflamed. They are usually caused by an upper respiratory illness like a cold or other virus. The swelling blocks up your sinuses, causing congestion and pain. You may have a sinus headache if you experience:
- Increasing pain when you bend forward
- Increasing pain when you lie down
- Pain in your upper teeth or behind and around your eyes
- Pain and pressure in your forehead or face
- Increasing pain when the weather is cold or damp
There are a few simple home remedies you can try which may relieve your sinus headache symptoms. Consider:
- Applying hot and cold packs above your sinuses several times each day
- Irrigating your sinuses with saline solution every day
- Taking over-the-counter decongestant and antihistamine medications
- Placing a humidifier in your bedroom to moisten the air and soothe your sinuses
For moderate to severe recurrent sinus headaches, it’s best to visit your ENT specialist, who is an expert at treating sinus issues, including headaches. Your doctor may recommend:
- Antibiotics to eliminate infection
- Prescription-strength steroid nasal sprays to reduce swelling
- Allergy testing and allergy treatment for any underlying allergies
In some cases, surgery may be recommended. Balloon sinuplasty is an effective, minimally invasive type of surgery, done endoscopically. The treatment can eliminate any sinus blockages which may be causing your headaches.
Don’t suffer from sinus headaches when help is just a phone call away. To find out more about treatment for sinus headaches and other ear, nose, throat, and allergy issues, call Dr. Craig Shapiro and Dr. Sina Joorabchi, at Broward Center for Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy in Pembroke Pines, FL, today at (954) 438-7171!