Posts for: March, 2016
One out of every eight people age 12 or older has some form of hearing loss in both ears, according to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, and many of them do not even realize they have it. Could you be one of the many Pembroke Pines residents suffering from hearing loss without even knowing it? If so, a trip to your ENT with Dr. Craig Shapiro & Dr. Sina Joorabchi in South Florida may be in order.
Common Hearing Loss Symptoms
Sometimes, the hardest part about diagnosing hearing loss is recognizing that it exists in the first place. For many people, hearing loss happens gradually over time. Therefore, you may not even realize that you are having hearing difficulties until you have significant hearing loss.
Do any of the following symptoms or descriptions apply to you? If so, schedule an appointmenwith doctors, Dr. Craig Shapiro & Dr. Sina Joorabchi, in Pembroke Pines to be tested for hearing loss as soon as possible.
- You have difficulty hearing soft noises.
- You have difficulty hearing when multiple people are talking at once.
- It feels like everyone around you is always mumbling.
- You have to turn your television or radio up loud to be able to hear it.
- You frequently misunderstand what others around you are saying.
- You frequently have to ask others to speak up or repeat themselves.
- You attempt to read others' lips to help you understand them better.
- You feel worn out after trying to listen for very long.
- You avoid noisy social situations.
Treatment for Hearing Loss
While not all forms of hearing loss are reversible, your South Florida ENTs Dr. Craig Shapiro & Dr. Sina Joorabchi have several hearing loss treatments and solutions that may help you hear your best once again. These treatments include hearing aids, cochlear implants, surgery and even earwax removal.
Whether your hearing loss is mild or severe, you don't have to let it interfere with your daily life or with your relationships with your friends and family. Call Dr. Craig Shapiro & Dr. Sina Joorabchi in Pembroke Pines to set up an appointment to be evaluated for hearing loss today.